Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Jimmy-Ray and Garrett

Well I thought I should probably do a little blogging since I haven't in awhile. Nothing really new to tell you guys. Jimmy-Ray is still progressing with his perthes. Man I cant wait till he is completely done with this ordeal. I bet he really cant wait till its all over. I feel really bad for him when I go to pick him up from school. All the kids walking and running down the halls and poor Jimmy-Ray wheeling his way through the halls.
I don't know if its just me or not, However it seemed like before he was in a wheelchair he would be walking with other boys talking and laughing. Now it seems like he is always alone. I'm not sure if that's how it is during the day or not but he cant do much in P.E. and the same goes for recess. I think at first when he went to school in the wheelchair all the kids seemed like they wanted to push him and they probably thought it was cool. Now it just seems like they have all lost interest in the wheelchair. Thank God they can walk away from it when they get tired of it. I sure wish Jimmy-Ray could walk away from it. I hope that when we go back for his next check-up they have really good news like no more wheelchair. I think that's just wishful thinking on my part. It is supposed to take a year that would put us at next December 2012 I really hope it doesn't take that long. I'm ready to see me boy standing and walking again. He is so awesome nothing bothers him. I must say my other son Garrett witch is in football, basketball, theater arts, and very hyper is the most awesome brother. He spends a lot of time with Jimmy-Ray and definitely does not judge him in any way. He tries to make him a part of everything. Garrett has been Jimmy-Rays rock. He has never acted embarrassed of Jimmy-Ray or acted like Jimmy-Ray gets special treatment as he does. They still argue like brothers do but Garrett has been just as much of a champ through this as Jimmy-Ray has. "JUST SAYING"
I would also like to mention how great everyone at Whitewright elementary has adapted to the wheelchair. I cant think of any other school that I would rather him be in during this part of his life. I also want to thank his teacher even though she will probably never see this Mrs. Trompler she has been so good to Jimmy-Ray through all of this too. What a great teacher to come to our house to help Jimmy-Ray when he couldn't go to school and she takes a little extra care of him now that he is back in school. Thanks Mrs. Trompler we think you rock!!! Until next time everyone have a great day.


Garrett and Jimmy-Ray




No comments:

Post a Comment