Monday, March 26, 2012

Sick of the whole thing......

Just venting, I am about sick of people at my job thinking I can make miracles happen day after day. Working in a rush order from time to time I can handle that. But its got to the point that almost every order that comes through the shop is a rush. I think that the people that work for the company that I work for don’t even realize what all goes into printing an order of shirts. it’s a complicated and time consuming process to print an order of shirts. Lets say if it’s a four color print I first have to complete the artwork and divide it into four separate pieces of velum or film. Then I have to burn four screen one for each color this process takes 20 min. a screen. Next you have to wash the image out of each screen 5 min. a screen tops. Then you must wait for each screen to dry this time varies depending on how hot or cold it is in the shop. After all the screens are dry you have to set each one up one at a time. This can take a few min. or maybe up to 30. The registration must be perfect. Now say you have 100 shirts. You will print your first color then flash dry it then the next color and flash dry it and so on and so forth. If the shirts are a dark color each color must be put on two or maybe even three time to assure good coverage and no bleeding like white on red shirts sometimes must be hit three to four times so that it doesn’t turn pink. Any way I think people think they are printed right off the computer and think we should be able to do a hundred shirts is a few min. people just don’t get screen printing unless they have done it I guess. I’m so sick of everyone sending orders out that only give me a day or two to get them done. My boss any time I try to explain it to him he just gets all upset and basically says I don’t know what to tell you, you just need to get the orders done. I have just about had it with screen printing I have been doing this for 12 years. I think I am about burned out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment