Friday, December 23, 2011

Day 6 More updates...

I have been really busy this week so I haven't been able to blog. Jimmy-Ray spent Monday and Tuesday at Scottish Rite Hospital. He had his cast removed. Legs where very week but after a few sessions of physical therapy he is doing much better and really loving having a little more freedom. 12 hours a day in his new A frame brace for 12 months and the rest of the time in a wheel chair for 12 months. We go in for a check up in 6 weeks.


                                             On the way to get casts off!!!

                                 Casts are gone..Yeah!!!

                            New removable A frame brace..
                                                       No cast no brace..

              OK here is another poem from my collection...

                                                 ELY


Blasting colors come from the sky Sunsets and lighting fill my eyes
The brome is a little more green and higher with hay
The farmers are happy on a day like today
Rich soil, fields of green and rain coming down
They know its not in vain that they work the ground
I know they worry about drought and frost
Hoping that there work and crops won’t be lost
Farming is a gamble I know indeed
They think about it when they disk, plow and plant there seed
They hope for a good year of corn and wheat
Although mother nature is always there
and can dish them defeat
They are a dying breed of man leathery and strong
I see them myself working the day long
The tractors are moving way before light
They have been thinking about there crops
throughout the night
There up before the rest of us and this I know
Checking there vegetation and helping it grow
So my hats off to my neighboring farmer friends
Working the land instead of sitting at Bennigan’s
They are a cog in the machine that makes the world go
Hands down they are the hardest workers I ever did know.

By Dallas-Taylor Stanfield
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment